Be recognized as one of community banking’s best employers
In a tight labor market, companies need to do all they can to attract and retain the best and brightest. ICBA Independent Banker‘s Best Community Banks to Work For award is your chance to show job hunters and current staff why your community bank is an unbeatable place to build a career.
The first step is to nominate your community bank—you can do that by clicking the link below. If your community bank is chosen to move to the next step, your employees will be invited to complete a survey.
Questions? Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and Methodology for Best Community Banks to Work For 2022:
The Best Community Banks to Work For award nomination period will be open from June 27th – July 19th, 2022. Eligible community banks should visit the nominations page here and complete the required nomination information. Entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on July 19, 2022, in order to be entered into the award evaluation process.
Methodology: Once nominated for the awards, full-time employees of each nominated bank are requested to complete a comprehensive workplace survey hosted by Avannis, an independent research agency. Banks with a minimum participation rate of 40% are eligible to be evaluated for the award. The survey consists of scaled responses where positive responses earn the most points. For example, a bank whose employees select only the most positive responses would receive an index score of 100%. After sorting banks into 5 asset size categories, those with the highest index scores in each category are selected as the winners.
Survey Criteria: Employees of nominated banks will be asked to complete an electronic survey of approximately 50 questions related to the following categories:
- Training and Education
- Performance Standards
- Compensation and Benefits
- Working Environment
- Hiring and Retention
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Eligibility: The award is open to the following community banks:
- Must be an ICBA member bank in good standing.
- ICBA Executive Committee and Board Member (Parent and Subsidiaries) banks are eligible to participate but are not eligible to win.
- Winning banks from previous years are eligible to participate in the employee survey; however, these winning banks will not be eligible to win the top honors and be featured in consecutive years. There must be at least five years between awards.
- The March 31, 2022, Call Report date will be used to determine asset size of the bank.
- Independent Banker magazine reserves the right to modify winning category thresholds based on nominations received.
- Other eligibility requirements may apply. ICBA and Independent Banker have sole discretion to determine whether entries are eligible.
By submitting a nomination and completing the survey, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants ICBA and Independent Banker the rights to use, publish, reproduce, edit, market, and store the award information in perpetuity for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes.